dimanche 21 juin 2009

Blessed by Yves Saint Laurent.

I certainly know why I came to this world!

Back, when my soul was wondering around somwhere above I must have been looking down to the earth thinking: hell that's a beautiful place. Countryside, seas and the beautiful architecture and love couples. But that wasn't enough for me to move my soul down here.

The important moment must have been when my eyes landed on Paris. Certainly during a fashion week. Balençiaga and Yves Saint-Laurent attracted me down to this planet!

So by the winter 1985 I decided to custom myself a human body. And than began a long journey. I landed in a central european country. My dreams when I was little were to become a princess, than less exclusive, to work in a toy store. I loved dolls and mostly Barbie by Mattel. I admit I always was a little brand oriented. But anyway I learned to write Barbie before I actually learned to write.

At junior high school I wanted to be an actor/dancer/singer. I watched MTV all the day long and dreamed about moving to New York, studying in the same drama school as Jennifer Aniston and Eagle Eye Cherry. Remind, I always get accused of being a drama queen. And of course attend the madison square events dressed in Gucci and Prada, Dolce& Gabbana ( do you remember that men collection with beautiful cardigans emroderied with huge flowers and those endless scarfs, that made me love fashion!!!!).

And than just at time for the high school I got back to my first passion. The fashion. I went to see a fashion designer back in my country and she told I should move to a more fashion oriented place.

So five years ago I took my bag (40 kilos) and landed at my sisters appartement in Paris.

First I was a tourist. Walking all over the city. I soon found my favorite walk. The fashion triangle: up the Saint Honoré avenue, down the George V avenue and back up the Montaigne avenue. These three avenues are the luxurious window. All the brands are in and it get's better and better every year. Even if there is a Zara across the new Cavalli building as well.

With the time I met some people at school and at work went to parties. Spent some time in front of the fashion shows watching how the people who get in look. Watched SATC for a million times and sent several CV's and cover letters.

Than one day I got accepted for an internship in a press agency, than for another. I met stylists and I got to touch real designer clothes, try some of them on. It was a dream come truth. Being an assistant, talking to models, hairstylists and photographers. But sometimes you need to have a reality holiday on your dream.

So I went for a sales assistant position. It makes me stare at various people all the day and gives me enough money to buy my magazines and go out every now with those fashionnable Paris people.

And now I offically have the ilness. The one Sophie Kinsella is writing about. I'm a shopaholic. I bought a vintage Yves Saint-Laurent Trench coat. I mean I actually spent money I didn't really have for a designer cloth I don't reasonnably need.

But here's where it get's complicated. The moment I entered the shop of Iglaïne my eyes fell on a pair of a YSL pumps(fortunetly too small) and than as my friend triend on some waistcoat I had to look around the trenchcoats hanging just behind. The first one was a disaster working blue, too large, too short, so I thought I just wasn't a trench coat type...but then I took out the second one. The color, an almost classical beige in a slightly moustard shadow, the size a perfect fit, the length perfect for a silhouette. At the very moment I saw myself wearing it in a mirror my eyes vent wet and I remembered a client of mine who says she only buys dresses that cry for her to buy them. This trench coat was literraly SCREAMING at me!

I had to go straight to the bank to pay in cash and I was shaky for few hours after. But I'm happy and will be even happier when I'll be able to wear it, so that it doesn't have to scream alone on a hanger anymore...sometimes mid august!

So now I know why I came to this world. I'm here to help all those screaming and crying designer clothes to find a person to wear them.

Right now I'm on my way back to sent CV's and cover letters to magazines to assist again and touch those wonderful creations!

1 commentaire:

  1. that's great buddy :) !!
    maybe u could join our team at the mag i work at www.lurvemag.com !! xxx

    RépondreSupprimer